After decades of progress, hate is on the rise in America. At rallies, on television, and across the Web racism and race-baiting has crept back into our public discourse. Against this tide, the NAACP unanimously pass the Tea Party Resolution, requesting that the Tea Party repudiate its racists members. We call on all Americans to stand for the values that have made our country great. Please read and sign the pledge.
- I believe all Americans have equal rights and equal value.
- I cherish the diverse cultures, beliefs, and values of America.
- I believe we can disagree without being disagreeable.
- I repudiate all acts of racism and hate, both in words and action.
- I have faith in the promise of America – a promise built on mutual respect, common civility, and hope for a better tomorrow.
- I commit to building that better America by participating actively and peacefully in the democratic process.