A massive 8.9 magnitude earthquake hit the Pacific Ocean nearby Northeastern Japan at around 2:46pm on March 11 (JST) causing damage with blackouts, fire and tsunami. For updates on this unprecedented crisis or to search and/or find a missing loved one, visit Google Earthquake & Tsunami 2011 Crisis Response.
- Google Earthquake & Tsunami 2011 Crisis Response
- Japan Earthquake & Tsunami by LIFE (Photo Gallery)
- Japan Quake Shakes Loose Memories of U.S. Disasters –By Linda Wertheimer | NPR
- The Earthquake in Japan Showed Once Again How Far Humankind is From Controlling the Environment |NY Daily News (Editorials)
- The Scale of Disaster Seems Beyond Our Imagination –By Bill Chappell |NPR
- Earthquakes 101
- Tsunami 101