I am both honored and flattered to learn that I have been nominated for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award by Four Blue Hills (A repository, of sorts). I am also a bit tickled by all of this because until I received notification of my nomination I didn’t even know such an award existed. How cool! Bloggers recognizing inspiring members of their own community, nominees Paying it Forward! I love it!
The rules of the award require that I do three things:
- Thank the person who nominated me and link back to her blog.
- Share seven things about myself
- Nominate seven bloggers for the award
So let me get to it!
A BIG THANKS TO FOUR BLUE HILLS
Four Blue Hills was one of my first subscribers and loyal supporters. FBH is a wonderfully inspiring blog –the home to a potpourri of interesting posts on everything from photography and politics to human rights. There is something there for everyone so drop by and have a look around!
SEVEN THINGS ABOUT MYSELF
- I can identify the flags of all the countries in the world.
- I collect US $2 bills and foreign currency.
- My first car was pink and the vanity plate read “2PINK4U”
- I am an amateur astronomer, actress, and poet (but not at the same time)
- Here are the names of the last five books to make “My Favorites” list, in no particular order: (a) E=MC2: A Biography of the World’s Most Famous Equation by David Bodanis & Simon Singh; (b) Moonwalking with Einstein by Joshua Foer; (c) The Filter Bubble: What the Internet is Hiding From You by Eli Pariser; (d) The New Jim Crow by Michelle Alexander & Cornel West; and (e) The Immortal Life of Henrietta Lacks by Rebecca Skloot
- I’d like to travel to outer space and explore the Mariana Trench…the sooner, the better
- My blog is dedicated to my mom who passed away on July 15, 2007.
MY NOMINATIONS FOR THE VERY INSPIRING BLOGGER AWARD (Drum roll, please…)
1. Crime Dime